A VERY Merry Unbirthday...to me? to YOU! To each and EVERYONE of you!
My dream is to create a Mad Hatters Tea Party with a twist... it's MOBILE! That's right, a Tea Party on Wheels! We'll bring the madness to YOU!
Thank you all for a wonderful week at the Borderland! Thanks to you who came and drank tea with me and made our two lovely tea parties filled with interesting conversations, laughter, tears, hugs, support, listening to each other, meeting new people, talk, silence. You truly made the picnic blanket a place where people could be themselves and drink lots of tea. I am so grateful that this project was funded! I came up with the idea for this just a few months before borderland and didn't have time to build the cart until the night before we left for Denmark. But your support in liking my dream gave me so much more incentive to make it amazing. I was originally just thinking of something super simple, like a pallet with wheels and stuff piled up onto it, but instead my dream turned into a whacky wonderful cart of whimsicalness! Beyond all my dreams for my first real burn creation! During the process I learned to use new tools, I learned new painting techniques, and got to experiment with building--an artform that I'm not too familiar with. It was a blast to roll around and meet new people, drink tea and muse away. Thanks a bunch and see you all next year hopefully!
So far I'm a lone MadHatter on this project but it would be wonderful if others would like to take shifts pulling around and running the Tea Party!
Teabags and teabag wrappers, oatmilk bottles and cookie crumbs should be the only Moop we make, and we will make sure it all goes home with us.
1. BAKE cookies to share at the tea party. Some gluten free, some vegan, some all-in, some dairy free, you get the gist! The more cookies to share at the tea partier the very merrier!
2. Donate all sorts of wonderful teas, sugar cubes, honey
3. Help build the wagon/ help sew a pillow-like cushioning that surrounds it and serves the purpose of a backrest one can lean on.
4. Help provide/share a little electricity/water for the tea we plan to brew! Lots of camps can help with this!!!!
5. Help wash cups and spoons in between tea-party guests
6. But most importantly, participate in a magical tea party!
Congratulations! You've stumbled upon something special. Borderland is a participatory festival that takes place in Boesdal, Denmark. It's a fully participatory event where everything is created by the participants themselves, with out any spectators.