The Port is the 1st place you'll meet at The Borderland. A warm and whimsical greeting and check-in awaits. One which you'll want to come back for more through-out the week. Let those butterflies in your tummy evolve. We can't wait to greet you!
On arrival from your long journey to Boesdal, we dream of giving you (and the other 1799 borderlings) the most fruitful, warmest, funniest, weirdest greeting you can conceive.
The main function of The Port will be to greet, check-in and help with information, parking, neighbours through-out the week. The Port will also:
- Be greeting and checking-in all week with 24/7 gate keepers, 6 hour shifts, open to everyone.
- Be the main info and mis-info centre. With a black-board / pin-board for "what, when, where", 10 principle posters and info, a giant map an so on.
- Be the primary connection to the outside world for the duration of the event (integrating with neighbours, locals, tourists, and others).
- Have a really cosy lounge with a grand fire place, music, and port 24/7, which is open for all to use for their event / workshop / happenings
- Produce wristbands, signs, posters, and other information necessary to secure a smooth check-in and information giving function.
The Port is a camp of approx 40 people
The Port camp consists of around 40 people, most of whom will all arrive Friday and Saturday, to build stuff. Planning has already started. This dream will develop as we get closer to the event. We are also co-creating together with "The Welcoming" dream ( http://dreams.theborderland.se/dreams/119 )
A group of the camp has volunteered to make sure that this will not be a problem, by making a recycle and trash station. All that goes in goes out.
Budget under DVP / review - will be finalised 22nd April at the port gathering
8,500 DKK - Wristbands
6,000 DKK - Container moving and storage
3,000 DKK - Transport, trailer rental
4100 DKK - Wood for a smaller gate, a registration counter and poles
1500 DKK - Paint, screws and small parts
1000 DKK - Transportation of material
1,500 DKK - Bar, sofa, pillows, tables, blankets
Info & Mis-info
3,500 DKK - Blackboard/pin board, paint, poster prints, signs and materials to make them
Gift to Borderlings (Token?)
5,000 DKK - To be defined?
Gifts to neighbours
2,000 DKK - Flowers, good red wine / Port / Champagne, ear plugs, red noses
We will create a 24/7 sign-up sheet, (6 hour shifts) for all to sign-up to be a greeter / check-in / gatekeeper.
All are welcome to use The Port lounge for their events / workshops / happenings
SupPort our dream now!
psst. we've got the wristbands :/
Congratulations! You've stumbled upon something special. Borderland is a participatory festival that takes place in Boesdal, Denmark. It's a fully participatory event where everything is created by the participants themselves, with out any spectators.